Monday, January 09, 2006

Oh, so old

Ok, a tiny rant if I may. For christmas I received some really nice sunglasses (Spy brand) and the style that I was given were a bit too small for my large cranium so I went back to the surf, skate shop where they were purchased. The kid behind the counter gave me such attitude that if I weren't the chill person that I am, I would have gotten a bit violent. Now, whenever I put my sunglasses on (the ones that fit because he finally called the owner, who is a friend of a friend, who told the punk ass kid to make the trade) I think of the interaction that I had at the store. When I put them on today I kept thinking have I crossed that age where I am too old to be wearing these sunglasses. The funny thing about them is, the reason I like them is due to the fact that the lenses are fabulous...everything looks more crystal clear, if I were younger and more like the punk-ass in the store I would have only bought them as a fashion statement and probably scratched up the lenses with in a matter of days. I am hoping I can soon put on these sunglasses and not think of that little punk in the store.
Finished "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey over the weekend. Powerful book, good read.
Quick second rant: wallpaper in bathrooms...more on that later.

0 comments: