Friday, March 31, 2006

Music

So, last Wednesday evening we went up to see a concert that was hosted by the Honda Civic Tour. Oue dear friend Charles works in advertising and had in his possession some free tickets that we decided needed to be used and so we drove a civic hybrid up to Hollywood to go see BEP...Black Eyed Peas. I was a little hesitant on going because I did not think that I would really like the concert, but boy was I wrong.
It was unbelievably energetic. The music was really good and the band was fantastic. It was such a mix of different cultures and hip hop, funk etc. They had a segment that reminded me of stomp where they used tables and drumsticks for percussion. They had a trio of breakdancers that must have necks of steel in order to spin on their heads like they did. The pic is small, but as you can see...a lot of light and a lot of energy. The one thing that I appreciated was that the lead female vocalist wore an orange track suit.....so now I know someone else appreciates the orange sweat pant look.

The concert tour is giving away a free Civic that has been designed by the the band. I am not so sure about the design, but it would be cool to have a new civic. I would have to get the hood repainted because they have an evil monkey logo on the hood of the car and I do not think I could face that every day. Sign up to win the car here.

In other news, work has been crazy and my computer decided that it does not want to open a certain graphic document that I have been working on for three weeks. So, right now I am on hold until I have more memory installed on my computer and the IT department restores a back-up copy of the document. Until then I am working on tiny projects that unfortunately do not hold much interest for me. This last pic is of our friend Taras and I in front of the Gibson Ampitheater before the concert...but as you can see it was pretty dark in that area.

0 comments: