Monday, October 15, 2007

Lazy Pink Weekend

So, I have been hard at work trying to get ready for this conference that we finally had on Friday of this last week. Everything was done in pink and brown for the Women's Wellness Conference and the theme was Power of Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness. We had over 500 women attend on Friday and our keynote speaker was Ann Jillian. I was not so sure how she would do, but she gave a fantastic speech and kept tying in our hospital and Breast Center so that was good.
Our office has been inundated with pink and I think I am finally ready to get rid of it all...here are a few of the items we had at our conference.Norah flew in on Saturday to stay with us before work on Monday. We spent the afternoon relaxing around the South Bay and hanging out at the pier where Norah tried the largest pinball machine...unfortunately Hercules was not working that well and needs some TLC from the Fun Factory Folks.The next day we took the long road (Mulholland Dr.) toward downtown to drop Norah off at the Westin Bonaventure and stayed to have a drink in the revolving lounge on the 35th Flr.
Work on Monday was back to normal. Wrapping up after the conference and figuring out all the money. I went grocery shopping after work and due to the pomegranate conversations I had with Norah, I had to get this local large pom at the grocery.There was also an interesting package from Mom...and it was a good thing I saw the return label on the package, otherwise it would have been so strange to have gotten this squeezy brain scull. Jon just love's it.

0 comments: