Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I hate cars and found a new food love

So, yesterday I had some ups and downs. In California you must get your car checked for smog every two years. I took my trusty Volvo to the smog place yesterday and it did not pass. I was utterly bummed and pretty frustrated since I had just put some money in it to fix the check engine light in the hopes that I would pass the smog test.
Now I have to put more money in it, take time off of work to wait at the auto mechanic while they fix it, and then go and get it retested. Right now I hate the California government. Many people that I have talked to have gotten very loud about what they think of this whole smog test thing...it really doesn't help our emissions all that much around here....we are still a VERY poluted area.
This time I am on my own about it as well. Jon has left me to my own defenses on this one. I think he has been a little testy lately and when I ask him for favors he often turns me down now....is that what happens once you get engaged?? I guess so.
In better news, last night I think I had one of the best dinners that I have ever had. Our friend Craig took us out to dinner to a place in Torrance called Kappo Seafood. They have Kobe Beef on the menu. We are not talking about the "americanized" kobe beef, we are talking about "Kobe-niku" the cows who get daily massages and beer or sake in Japan.
I now know what all the fuss is about. It was unbelievable. It melts in your mouth like butter and has the most wonderful taste. It is not cheap, at $14.00 an ounce, but well worth it and I hope not to become too addicted. I may spend all my money on kobe beef and have to join an addicts club. Hello, my name is Erin and I am addicted to Kobe beef.
We also had an amazing little bowl full of custard that had seafood in it....I know, doesn't sound so appetizing, but it was delicious and the tiny little stone pottery bowl it came in is now on my wish list. As we were eating it we were wondering how many of these little bowls end up in purses leaving the restaurant. No...I left mine on the table-thank you!
Well, today at the office I hope not to be bogged down with too much. I am still working on golf and things are going along ok...I guess. I think as a non-profit we are a little worried on losing donations due to our sad economy....and the price of kobe beef.

1 comments:

Will said...

Hello. My name is Will and I am addicted to sandwiches and KTRM.