Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A little behind


When I began this post a while back I thought I would be updating it everyday or at least a couple of times a week. I was doing pretty well as it was easy for me to update during my lunch hour or a quick break from work, but then the site was blocked and it seemed that when I got home after being on the computer all day the last thing I wanted to do was get back onto it.
This year I hope to be better about updating at least for me...cause the more you think about it, a blog is like a diary that you can look back on.
The start of this year has been slow. I thought about making resolutions, but then never did. I thought...yeah, I will try and drink green tea instead of coffee every morning, but then the first day at the office came and I just had to go to the cafeteria for some caffeine (the elixir of life as we like to call it in the office).
Right now I am making small changes like trying to
be better with my overall health and also trying new recipes and foods. One was brought on by a coworker who brought a nice little powder into work that you can sprinkle on fruit. She said that growing up in Hawaii they use it on everything. She brought back a packet from Hawaii for me and now I cannot get enough. It is called "Li Hing Powder" and is basically a plum powder. DELICIOUS and I found out that some of the stores here stock it.
It is best on Apples:
This week we have also tried to catch up on Netflix and here is a sampling of what we saw:
Valkrye - didn't care for it, depression set in after the film
500 Days of Summer - Good soundtrack, like the actors, depression set in after the film
Unmistaken Child - Great documentary, would recommend
Movies we have coming soon:
Inglorious Basterds
Whip It
We shall see if the depression after films stops with some of these new films on the way. Hope everyone is seeing dramatic improvements in whatever they would like improved for the New Year! - Ok, after sentences like that I should call it a night. :)

0 comments: