Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Amazing

This past weekend my dad and his friends Mike and Gregg participated in a cross-country skiing race. I think it is absolutely amazing. I have tried the cross country skiing and it is hard stuff. I still remember sitting face down at the bottom of a small incline that my friend Anna and I tried to conquer on our slim cross country skis and we both ended up face down in the snow believing we may have to send out for a rescue team of huskies to pull us back to the lodge. This is a photo of my amazing father at the race where temperatures were a warm 5 degrees. Brrrrr. Absolutely amazing is all I can say. If I had to enter the TV show Amazing Race, I would pick my dad to be my race partner - cause he could so win that.
In other news, all the newcasters can talk about is the weather out here. We get a little rain and this place turns chaotic. Last nights weather news went something like this:
Newscaster: "We now go to Brian live out in the valley"
Brian: "Everywhere I look there is water. It is coming down all over."
Camera pans to a wider shot to show the reporter standing in an inch of water with golashes on.
Brian: "I do not suggest going out unless you can where some tall boots to keep your soaks dry, because it is quite something out here, back to you in the studio."
Newscaster: "Thank you Brian, more on STORM WATCH 2006 after this short segment on how celebrities are coping with the fact that they may have to walk the red carpet in the rain."

0 comments: