Sunday, June 18, 2006

Awesome Packages

I received this awesome package in the mail from my Aunt in Milwaukee this week. How cool is all this stuff!!!! My Aunt is brillant beyond belief! :) The Brillance of the Moon book is on loan as I have been reading the series, but the libraries here do not have great copies of the series, so it will be nice to have a book that I do not have to worry about missing pages with.
I just started reading the other book I received, called "The Tattooed Map" - by Barbara Hodgson. The book itself is a piece of artwork.
The apron that you see in the back gave me the urge to bake a cake this weekend so that is exactly what I did. I baked a Madagascar Vanilla Bourbon cake with homemade vanilla frosting that came out more as a glaze than an actual frosting....the result was delicious, even if the cake was not all that visually pleasing.
Last night we had dinner with friends at Frito Misto in Hermosa Beach. I had Thai ravioli which was good, but spicy hot, which made me drink more wine. We took a cab back and stopped at the Redondo Pier to meet up with friends who were out for an evening stroll at the beach, we chatted with them for a little while and then saw some friends at Najas so we stopped in there for a beer before heading home for the evening.
Today, I purchased a new HUGE dresser, which can actually hold all of my clothes as the last dresser was being held together by tape on the bottom of drawers and was not cutting it. The whole afternoon was spent putting it together and moving furniture around the bedroom. I think I like the set up and it is nice to have a change. :)
I am ready to crash tonight. I am just sitting in front of the screen listening to KCRW our fabulous public radio station. I have a full week ahead so hope everyone is doing well and had a great Father's Day.

0 comments: