Monday, June 05, 2006

Humidity

So, this past weekend was a slow one. On Friday, we went to the Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa with some friends that had won tickets...and thank goodness they won tickets because we spent what seemed like a month's rent on food and drink (they have a 2 drink minimum).

Saturday, I woke up to something I could not explain. The sun was so bright and there was no marine layer in the morning to cool off the beach area. We went around and did some errands and I looked down at my arm and saw something sparkling....what is this? what what....AHHHH sweat...we have humidity down here. It felt like the kind of humidity you get in the midwest where everything is sticky. We immediately opened all the windows in the apt so we would not bake ourselves and put the fans in full motion. Of course, we lost all ability to do anything besides sit around and hope that a friend would drop by with popsicles. I ended up spending the afternoon reading "Marley & Me" by John Grogan.
Very cute book!
That evening we watched Good Night & Good Luck, which was ok, but I am not sure I was in the mood for a movie that you had to give all your attention to. I was very antsy at that point because it was now cool outside and I had spent all day escaping the heat in the apt. On Sunday, it was more of driving around and not seeming to get anything done at all. I am in the process of finally trying to find a real dresser instead of the Ikea piece that I have that is made of MDF and I have strong opinions regarding MDF. No new dresser this weekend.

On Sunday night we went to a friend's house for BBQ and had a nice dinner on their balcony while the sun went down.
Today, I walked home from work and had my trusty ipod to keep me company. I need to get some new playlists for walking home though because I am starting to fast forward through most of the songs as I hear them over and over again. Right now this is my playlist:
Band - Song Title
Sigur Ros - Saeglopur
Editors - Munich
Phoenix - Long Distance Call
Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie
Buena Vista Social Club - Hey Caramba
Bob Mould - See a little light
David Bowie - Queen Bitch
Guster - Amsterdam
The Police - Canary in a Coalmine
Replacements - Alex Chilton
They Might be Giants - Ana Ng
Wilco - I'm Always in Love
Fountains of Wayne - It Must Be Summer
Iggy & the Stooges - Search & Destroy
The La's - There She Goes
Sinead O'Connor - Mandinka

If anyone has any ideas on what songs I could add to my list for a good upbeat mix, please let me know!!! :)

0 comments: