Sunday, June 25, 2006

Relax

It is all about relaxing this weekend. This last week at work was a mix of not a whole lot to do and yet a lot of hectic time. I volunteered for a charity event at the comedy club on Wednesday and although I did not really get a chance to see the comedians and magicians that did the show, it felt good to help out. That night when I returned home, I got stuck in my car for a good time because of these friends:
Sorry the second shot is a little hard to see, but we did not want to get too close! J was trying to scare them away by using the flash on the camera...but they did not seem to mind and were happy to trap me in my car for some time.
I am not sure what it is about the beach, but the skunks LOVE this neighborhood.
Saturday, I went all over town to find a baby shower gift for a party I am attending this week. I finally found what I needed and got home in time to grab my swim suit and meet friends at their home to watch some baseball and relax in the jacuzzi.
Today, I went and redeemed my gift certificate for a massage at Burke Williams. I am not a regular at the spas and have no idea about spa etiquette. It is clothing optional, but I brought my swimsuit and lounged in the hot tub and the various steam rooms. I went through a TON of towels and ended up taking a shower three times today. I feel bad tonight though because I am unsure of whether I tipped enough for the massage. I do not think that I left 20%, but I think I definitely left at least 15%...but I really liked the person who gave me the massage and we chatted the whole time. I wish I had tipped more. I think it is better to overtip and feel better about it later. Hopefully it will be a long time before I go again and I will not have to worry about her remembering me.

0 comments: