Monday, December 10, 2007

Why must the weekend be sooo short :(

It was an unbelievably beautiful weekend we just had....I wish it had not ended. The weather was perfect...I was in a t-shirt during most of the day and then had a nice isle sweater to wear when it got a bit crisp. Friday was spent couch surfing in the evening as I did not want to go out anywhere. The weather was windy and the sky kept spitting every so often that evening. We had some friends that went on the 12 bars of Christmas which was held that night and so we are still waiting to hear how it went. I think for the evening it would have turned out to be the one or two bars of Christmas because I would have wanted to stay inside once I got to one....but I never like the first bar they start at so I would NOT have stayed there...music is way too loud and the bartenders always look like they forgot to put on clothes....ridiculous looking short shorts. On Saturday, we cleaned up the haus and tried to write a list out of the rest of the things we needed to get done for the holidays. We then joined up with friends to have a little Xmas party and we played Wii and watched the fight between Mayweather (who I keep referring to as Merriweather) and Hatton. I would MUCH rather have seen Hatton win because Merriweather needs to be knocked off his pimp pedestal.
Our neighborhood also decorated for Xmas...this was the Santa Stop at the corner of our block:
On Sunday we strolled around the neighborhood and took in the holiday foliage such as this interesting plant that looks like it is Aloe, but seems to bloom these wonderful peaks at the end of the year.
We then went down to the Catalina coffee house to
play some supersize chess and sip some coffee. Jon won fair and square, but I think I gave him a hard time on the playing field.
The apricot bar that we shared while there was definitely tasty although we thought it was peach at first...they need to label their baked goods.
The best thing about this time of the year here in the south bay is how clear the air is because of the wind...the water was not very choppy on Sunday when we took this shot, but the news has been saying that the waves have been insane lately and that if we have a chance when the winds start to pick up we should head down and view their power.

0 comments: