Monday, December 03, 2007

The Holidays and Blatant Kitty Cuteness

So, this weekend I decorated the house (took all of 15 minutes) and centered myself into the Christmas spirit. My friend Sue and I did crafts and she taught me how to make little snowman. Sue's are really intricate with top hats and little bits of holly. One of hers even has cheeks that blush....very cute. Here was my try at creating a snowman...he has a gnome/elf hat on.

Jon purchased a santa hat for Woody and instead of wearing it on his head he liked to stick his head inside the hat.Stay away from my hat.We also realized that we needed to get a stocking for Woody as we have one for each of us and it would just not be fair to not include him. I promise not to blog too much about our fat cat, but right now he is the newbie in this place and it feels as if the apartment revolves around him at the moment. When you try and cook in the kitchen he is begging at your feet. While watching TV he asks you to tune into the Animal Planet channel or the Classical Music Station. When you have to leave the apartment he tries to either look really sad that you will not let him out or he will hide and try to dart out of the door. He has gotten out a few times, but everytime he gets out the door he stops to sniff the first succulent plant that is outside our door and I just scoop him up....then I carry him around so he can smell the jade plants and the pine tree and see the street a while.

So, the office today will be quiet because the grand opening of our new clinic in Hawthorne is happening today. It is a great thing that this place is opening because it will help to relieve some of the excess amount of people that come into the ER to get treated.

2 comments:

JVLR said...

Hey girl! I recently rediscovered your blog. I lost the address at one point, but I'm glad I found it again. I adore Woody! I'm so glad you guys have a cat. Every home needs at least 1 cat. I wish my fat cat (Spooky) could get together with your fat cat, LOL!

Nobo said...

That cat is TOO cute. Posting here below Larissa reminds me of her poem from primary school about the fat cat. I think I still have it memorized.