Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year!

Ahhh a new year! Hoping 2008 will be spectacular for everyone. :)
The holiday getaway was much needed and it was nice to have a white Christmas! Here are a few pictures of the winter loveliness:
Spending time with the family was nice because we feel so so far away out here on the coast.

We played tons of games and made use out of the pool table. I don't think I was ever on the winning team, but with practice I can be pretty darn good.
The travel back to the airport was treacherous. This is a shot of driving through Tapley Woods in the snow: We sat on the tarmack for about an hour or so and then we went back to the gate without getting off the plane for another hour or so before we took off. Needless to say it was a loooong trip.
It was nice to get settled in back at home, but I wish I could have stayed in the midwest longer.

1 comments:

JVLR said...

Happy New Year! I wish we could have shared the white Christmas with you, but who knows when we will venture back to the homeland at Christmas time again. I'm glad you had a good trip home!