Friday, May 29, 2009

Anyone have apricot recipes?

Our first harvest from our apricot tree in our backyard. When we first moved in our landlord said that the tree might just be ornamental, but we tried one last week and they are really good. Now I am thinking either jam or crumble with these. I think I would need a few more for jam so it may have to be crumble. :)
This might entice me to set up some vegetables in the backyard as well. At the moment it is all landscaped, but if I decided to move one of the plants and maybe start some beans or something else, I do not think they would say no.
I also need to remember to start a friendship bread bag. A person at work requested one and I have not started it just yet. Maybe this evening would be a good time to do that. I have decided that most of the friendship bread should be completely given away so as not to temp me.

At this precise moment, I am trying to figure out if the neighbors out back (we share this lot with a garage that has living upstairs) are going away this weekend or if they are staying in town.....the reason being is that they have a granddaughter who likes to have parties while they are gone and she brings all sorts of unsavory characters around. Personally I think they are all pretty good kids, from good families, but who knows what kind of shenanigans they can get into. I think I am starting to sound like that old lady neighbor on Bewitched who always used to look through the curtains. Next thing you know I am going to start setting up neighborhood watches and take in all the stray cats in the area.

This weekend does not hold any huge events, which is pretty nice. Tonight I am thinking a low key dinner and movie.

Update on neighbor watch 09: the truck has moved, but the grandlady is still in the nest, repeat, still in the nest. Looks like it might be a full weekend at the ranch.

Oh, shout out to my sister....she just turned another year younger yesterday. :)

1 comments:

Nobo said...

Apricot tree in the yard. Life in California is rough, huh? Meanwhile, it's way too cold here to be June 2nd.