Monday, May 22, 2006

Surprises and burns

This weekend was pretty low key. Tried to run some errands on Saturday, but the city was having an Armed Forces parade which kept traffic at the ridiculous level. It took 3 hours to accomplish two tasks on my list, so I gave that up and took a nap in the afternoon before we headed up to the surprise birthday party for a friend at a restaurant on Larchmont in LA called Cafe Du Village.

We walked through the kitchen to eat out on the back patio and to surprise our friend for her 30th birthday. One of the tasks in the morning was to get her an awesome gift, but unfortunately that did not happen as traversing around the parade route was ridiculous, we ended up getting her a small gift and hopefully we can take them out to dinner sometime soon. That is not me with the headband on in the pic, it is actually a friend named Leslie.
We ate and talked and like any good French restaurant, we stayed for a good four hours.
After dinner we took a ride out to see our friend's new condo that they purchased in the Highland Park area and to see their vacation photos from Ecuador and the Galapagos. It looked like an amazing trip, but it was late and we left after we looked through the photos.
I slept in on Sunday, met with friends at the Wildflower cafe and then played beach volleyball. The sky was completely overcast, no need for sunglasses...yet I ended up getting pink arms anyway. I must remember to always wear the high powered sunscreen or hire someone to follow me around with an umbrella. My friend Karen and I are indestructible at Volleyball. We were unbeaten yesterday! :)

0 comments: