Friday, November 16, 2007

Weird bikes and my Midweek Moroccan Getaway

Ok, so this last weekend & week went by too fast and I am once again at work on a Friday. Everyone knows that a lot of work does not get done on a Friday so I decided I had better update everyone on the events here in LA.
Over the weekend it was balmy and gorgeous outside so we went and visited Charles and saw his new fun vehicle purchase. He purchased this new bike from Honda...that is most bizarre and must get him a ton of stares on the road. It looks kind of like a snowmobile and somewhat like a motorcycle and somewhat like something I have never seen before. My first impression was that I would nickname it the bee...the bumble bee. Here I am trying out the cushiness of the seat and seeing just how one sits on this oddity:

This week was then started on a good note with not a whole lot to do at the office this week, but prepare for the upcoming events that will happen in the spring and to print my new 2008 event calendar brochure that goes out to all of our donors and friends. Jon was attending the LA Auto Show in downtown Los Angeles, so I decided to get out of the South Bay and stay with him downtown at the funky hotel that they were put up at. They were staying at the Figueroa Hotel which was once a YWCA. The hotel has since been redesigned into a funky getaway. They did not have the money to update the bathrooms or the actual ammenities, but the hotel itself has so much character that it redeems itself. The floors are concrete that has been painted in warm colors and added to with colorful tiles and artwork.

The room was small and cozy and it was pretty hot downtown that evening so I opened up the windows in the room and read the book I had brought with me. Then when I got a little hungry I went to the famous Pantry diner to eat at the counter.
I had a delicious grilled cheese (ohhhh bad on my diet) and listened to the students who kept coming in to get to go items. I guess their spaghetti and meatballs dinner was the popular choice, but their breakfast all day also enticed me.
On the way back to my room, I noticed a fire escape door open and took this shot of the pool and the downtown skyline before heading off to bed.







2 comments:

Nobo said...

hah! before you even called it "the bee" I though, "that looks like an insect!"

The E Factor said...

The little headlights make it look like even more of an insect! :)