Thursday, November 01, 2007

Message from Captain Woodruff III

I dare say my good friend, I do not weigh 30 pounds, but am a rather light 15 pound kitty. I finally let that human Erin lift me onto the scale to show her that I am not as chuncky as they all think. My time here has been good and not all that horrifying. I was given a nice welcome gift of a katnip mouse that I have licked to death and they seem to feed me the same as my old friend Larry the Harley guy. I do miss Larry and hope that he did not let me go due to my asking him everyday for a Harley of my own. He insists that they do not make a helmet in my size...yeah right...I have heard that one before.
Last night was Halloween and I decided I would make my escape. The humans had visitors and were chatting downstairs while I was planning my getaway. I hid under the guest bed and listened while they visited with the little human named Elise. The couple that came over was Sean and Suzie Hansen. I caught them taking this photo of Erin with the small human dressed as a pumpkin.
I planned my escape around the pumpkin that they carved for the trick or treaters. It was very small and so I thought that my plan would not work, but those humans are not always as smart as they think. All week I have been letting them know my plans, but due to the different dialect that I speak they had no idea what I was talking about. The Erin Human had gone to bed and so I knew that she would not be a problem. The Jon one is a bit easier to trick and so I waited until he went to go and make sure that the pumpkin's candle was out for the evening and I made the mad dash between his legs and out into the wild. He tried to coax me back into his domicile, but I was not falling for that one. I may come back if I cannot find a place that suits me or maybe I will never come back...who knows. They had already given me the nickname The Fridge and I was highly offended that I would be called that...as I do not like anything they have in their fridge, but I may miss them and show up one day once again. Stay tuned for further details.

0 comments: